Challenge your members and build loyalty with sports challenges!
Challenges can be a strategy in customer retention. When you know (according to the Harvard Business Review) that attracting and registering a new member costs 5 to 25 times more than keeping an active member, this represents a significant part of the economic health of your structure. Therefore, today we give you 8 ideas of sports challenges for your fitness club in an article by AZEOO.
Here are 8 ideas for sports challenges for your members!
- Weight loss challenge: What could be better than being able to show off your weight loss in public? This is motivating and provides a goal over a set period of time.
- Physical transformation challenge: slightly different from weight loss, this challenge will focus on improving aesthetics and consistency in the body. Thus, athletes who wish to gain muscle mass or have trimmed muscles will also be motivated by participating in this activity.
- Charity challenge: through actions or events, why not carry out a few events with the aim of raising funds for a local association? Combining business with pleasure is always a good idea.
- Running or walking challenge: using fitness applications for tracking, members can count the kilometres and challenge each other to reach a certain distance over a given period of time (1 week, 1 month, …). This can be done in the gym or even outside.
- Calorie burn challenge: this offers more freedom in practice but requires the use of tracking devices to determine the amount of calories burned.
- Healthy eating challenge: by giving them tailored advice, you can encourage and challenge your club members. They can then use a tracking sheet and watch their progress towards a healthier diet.
- Workout Challenges: By offering workout routines to your members and allowing them to step outside their comfort zone, you can motivate them. The use of hashtags and social networks allows for the greatest impact.
- Healthy mind challenge: Mental health is also very important and you can participate by promoting healthy practices such as yoga or meditation. You can then reward users by using reward systems when they have practiced this type of activity.
The challenge system can help to build customer loyalty through constant and renewed motivation. It also allows older members to avoid getting bogged down in a certain routine and new members to integrate into the sports community via these challenges. On your side, the financial gains are not to be neglected and you will not regret it. For more details, don’t hesitate to consult the offers of our all-in-one coaching software to keep your members loyal!